Experts have continually debunked the myth that it is possible for women to get man-like muscles. Unfortunately, many women still believe that protein will make them grow hair in uncommon places and start talking in a deeper voice.
Unless you are taking testosterone, I assure you these things will not happen.
The truth is women do not have the hormonal environment to grow a big ‘manly’ physique.
For both men and women alike, protein is one of the most valuable products available on the market to grow your strong, perfectly-proportioned muscles.
When it comes to weight loss most would tend to think the less calories they consume the better. This could not be further from the truth. When you start to cut calories too drastically your body goes into panic mode and holds onto as much fat as possible as a survival mechanism.
Protein can be utilized to help cover gaps left in your diet whether your goal is weight loss, muscle gain, or overall health.
We would like to help you decide on the right protein for you and your needs. Post workout, replacing meals and using protein for baking are the most common uses for protein. Below are the different uses and the best 5 proteins in each category.
Top 5 Post Workout Proteins
When using a protein after your workout you should look for a quality whey isolate product. An isolate will absorb better and quicker than generic whey concentrate that you might find at your local supermarket.
HerSUPPZ top choices for a post workout protein are:
- NutraBio 100% Whey Protein Isolate – Along with getting pure protein with lower fats, carbs, and calories, protein isolates are also digested better and faster, allowing the protein to be synthesized quicker than before. Quicker protein synthesis means that the protein is getting to our muscles faster, which allows the growth and repair process to take place fast.
- Dymatize ISO 100 – ISO 100 is 100% Isolate and partially hydrolyzed, this means it will have the highest bioavailability and absorb the quickest of all our choices. On top of being super high quality it also comes in 8 great flavors, our favorite is Orange Dreamsicle.
- APS Isomorph 28 – APS is a company with many exciting things happening with us and their protein is 1 of them. A product very similar to Iso 100, this also has many great flavors. For some people this may be a better option, as it comes in a 2lb container as opposed to Iso’s 1.6.
- Metabolic Nutrition Protizyme – Metabolic Nutrition premium whey product boasts great nutritional facts including a multi vitamin and digestive enzyme blend. This product is great for women because the digestive enzyme helps to fight bloating and allow for better absorption of nutrients.
- Integrity Driven Nutrition Iso Driven – Integrity Driven Nutrition has the perfect product, Iso Driven features 24g of high quality whey protein isolate, that guarantees pure protein.
Top 5 Meal Replacement Proteins
We believe you should use a different product for meal replacement than you would post workout due to their different absorption rates. Post workout protein should be absorbed and passed through your system very quickly. Which is the opposite of what your body needs when replacing meals. This quick pass through rate leaves you hungry and craving foods that may throw you off your diet. We like products that have both whey protein and casein. Whey protein starts fueling your body immediately. The casein, which breaks down 3-4 hours after ingestion, will keep you full much longer.
HerSUPPZ top choices for meal replacement protein are:
- Purus Labs Myofeed – Myofeed is a relatively new product but has been flying off our shelves since we got it!! This product is one of the best tasting proteins around! Nice and thick, creamy and very flavorful.
- BSN Syntha 6 – as previously talked about BSN has amazing flavor and Syntha 6 is no exception! With amazing flavors such as chocolate cake batter or vanilla ice cream your sweet tooth will be satisfied.
- Dymatize Elite XT – Dymatize Elite XT is a great product to use as a meal replacement due to both the protein blend as well as 8g of carbs to give your body a little fuel during the day. At under $20 you won’t find a much better deal than this.
- Muscletech Phase8 – Muscletech is a brand that has been around for a long time, and we know a company must make quality products in order to stick around. Phase 8 is their multi source protein offering. It feeds for up to 8 hours making it a great product to replace meals with.
- Core Nutritionals MRP – This is the one product on our list that was truly designed as a meal replacement product. It is made with high quality oat-barley blend which will add 9 grams of fiber to your diet. Also it has incredible flavors like Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookie and Snickerdoodle!
Top 5 Proteins Best for Baking
If you’ve spent any time on our website you know we love baking! We have many recipes for you to try!
Below are our 5 favorites for making the most delectable food:
- Metabolic Nutrition Protizyme – Protizyme is a natural choice for baking as they have many baked goods flavors to start with. Our favorite recipe is a healthy Peanut Butter Fudge!
- Purus Labs Myofeed – By being a blended protein, Whey and Casein, this protein tends to mix thicker than most others which will leads to a richer final baked dish.
- Dymatize ISO 100 – As we said before Dymatize ISO 100 has unbelievable flavors, which makes it a no brainer for baking.
- MTS Machine Whey – Machine whey is a blended protein (Whey concentrate and isolate) which makes it slightly thicker than other options, causing it to be perfect for baking. On top of that there are 10 incredible flavors to choose from!
- Nutristat Puretein – This product is a Native Whey Isolate, meaning it is derived directly from skim milk rather than cheese. This means it is only denatured 1 time making it perfect for baking. The less it is processed the better it will hold up during the heating and baking process.
It is wonderful nowadays to have so many products available to help us reach our goals. Unfortunately, with so many choices it can get quite confusing and overwhelming as to what is the best to help us reach them. We are always available to help and hope this makes it easier to #FindYourStrength!
I reached 200 pounds after having my children and several things have led me down my path of wanting to be healthier and better for myself and for my family; countless fitness dvds, a gym membership, leading a weight management class at my church and a personal trainer telling me I had good symmetry.I have learned many things on my fitness journey, but the one thing that I hear over and over no matter what size they are, is the self-talk that many women tell themselves regarding the way they see themselves. I am incredibly grateful for the opportunity to have the tools and wisdom of the people around me to help women of all shapes and dynamics to help them on their journey.
Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Instagram
Check out my other articles and recipes on HerSUPPZ here!
Let us know what you think! We love hearing from you!! Leave your love in the comment section below or email us at [email protected]!!