After months of being cooped up amid COVID-19, you may find it hard to achieve that ultimate summer body! While the coronavirus may have temporarily separated you from your fitness goals, there’s no reason to give up. Luckily, getting that summer body can be done with a few simple lifestyle changes.
Regardless of the implications caused by the global pandemic at-hand, there’s no better time than now to start prioritizing your health!
Ready to achieve the ultimate summer body? Follow this step-by-step guide to find out how!
Get Your Ultimate “Beach-Body” Ready
Staying physically active and maintaining a well-balanced diet is already a challenge in itself. Throw a pandemic into the mix, and the issue becomes all the more troublesome. With nowhere to go and no one to see, it’s normal to let your health fall to the wayside. Not to mention, the limitations to public workout facilities makes it even more difficult to follow an effective workout.
Nevertheless, it’s important to find other ways to get your body “beach-ready” for the summer. To improve your general well-being and enhance your self-confidence this season, consider the following:
- Utilize the Outdoors – Now that the sun’s out, it’s time to bring those gun’s out! From nature-filled hiking trails to a seasonal activity like swimming, getting your body “beach-ready” can be easy. Try to utilize the outdoors when you can and get creative with your workouts to stay active during this time.
- Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate! – Replacing a fatty, fried appetizer with two large glasses of water can be very beneficial for you, according to research. Not only does it keep you cooler as the heat rises, it also helps to manage and prevent overeating!
But let’s get one thing straight
Getting “beach-body” ready looks different on everyone, and no look is better than another. In other words, the moment you put on your bathing suit, you’ll already have a beautiful bikini body. Remember, practicing self-love is not dependent on what shape or size you are! Instead, it’s about celebrating and appreciating who you are, no matter what the circumstances may be.
That being said, try not to set unrealistic expectations or be too critical of yourself. Start with basic lifestyle changes similar to the ones already mentioned. Once you begin to notice the changes turning into habits, you’ll see just how valuable these modifications are to your Summer body and your overall health.
Ultimate Self-Care with Seasonal Skincare
Contrary to popular belief, achieving the ultimate Summer body isn’t all about your diet and exercise. Rather, it’s also about how well you protect your body, and part of that starts with good seasonal skincare!
Having an adequate skin care routine is crucial for your body’s transition into the new season. Warmer temperatures and higher humidity levels can send the sebaceous glands into overdrive. This causes your body to naturally produce more oil. As a result, many of us can expect to experience more blemishes and breakouts in the summertime. Acne can directly impact your self-image and body confidence, so needless to say, adjusting your skincare routine is a must.
- Switch to Lighter Products. A good rule of thumb when transitioning your skincare routine from spring to summer is to stick with lighter products. Swap out your winter face cream and potent face oils for products with lighter ingredients. Aloe vera products, for instance, are a great substitute for heavy face moisturizer. These products protect your skin without clogging pores.
- Protect Your Skin with SPF. Whatever the season or how dreary the weather may be, sunscreen and SPF are necessary for protecting your skin. In the summer months especially, this skincare step is arguably the most important! Sunscreen prevents premature aging, dark spots, hyperpigmentation, and other serious health issues.
Keep in mind your timeline to visible results can be affected if you’re constantly trying out new products. This is especially important if you experience sensitive skin. Make sure to give your product(s) enough time to see results.
If you’re not getting desired results from these tips, it may be best to meet with a dermatologist. They’ll help you make a seasonal skin transition by unveiling their skincare insight to find products specialized for your skin.
Embrace Seasonal Eating
One of the greatest parts about Summer is the food we all know and love. Hot chicken fresh off the grill, juicy watermelon, refreshing beverages, frozen treats from your local ice cream parlor— does it get any better?
To embrace seasonal eating:
- Barbeque Better. Despite your efforts to eat better, let’s face it— summer barbeques in the backyard can get the best of us. But, what if it didn’t have to? Enjoying a mouth-watering burger or another barbeque favorite isn’t something you have to always pass up. Eat smart and enjoy foods in moderation. Try skipping on the cheese from time to time, and once in a while, cut out some carbs. In doing so, you’ll be able to enjoy those summer barbeques, while still working towards your “beach body.”
- Go to the Farmer’s Market. As a reliable resource for fresh, seasonal produce, farmer’s markets provide consumers with an environment conducive to smart shopping. These marketplaces can serve to cement real relationships within your area. Between the locally owned farmers, live entertainers, and public activists, farmer’s markets are a great way to practice “togetherness” with your community. In turn, this allows you to become better educated on your environment, the people, and the products within it.
Vitamins & minerals and other supplements can also aid in achieving the ultimate summer body. But, at the end of the day, nothing says “Hello Summer Body” like strategic seasonal eating. Taking advantage of seasonal foods and produce a fun way to expand your wellness plate to better support your health goals this Summer, so don’t let this opportunity slip by.
For more tips on seasonal eating and managing your diet this summer, check out this link!
More articles you may enjoy…
We would love to hear from you! Leave your love in the comment section below or email us at [email protected]
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, and Instagram!
Don’t forget to sign up for our Newsletter!
DO YOU HAVE A STORY YOU WOULD LIKE TO SHARE?
We would love to hear about it! Let us know in the comment section below or email us your personal story of how you overcame and Found Your Strength! Email us at [email protected]!