Do you love a good satisfyingly spongy, carby waffle but hate the “carby”? Well, we have something that will take away all those pesky little carbs and have you indulging in your favorite breakfast treat again! Meet the Chaffle.
If you’ve scrolled through any of your social media such as Pinterest, Facebook or Instagram lately or any low carb/keto groups, you’ve probably seen the new keto craze…Chaffles. They pretty much popped up overnight and have become an instant success. We aren’t quite sure who came up with the idea but would like to tell them, they are brilliant.
What are these chaffles?
Chaffles are made with egg and mozzarella cheese. Egg + cheese = chaffle. And believe it or not, they actually really taste like a waffle. Of course, we love adding protein to things, so the addition of your favorite protein powder is always a huge flavor and texture explosion for your mouth.
The Keto-Friendly Chaffle Recipe
Makes 2 waffles
Prep: 1 minute
Cook time: 6 minutes
Total time: 7 minutes
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup finely shredded mozzarella
- Turn on waffle iron to heat. If you don’t have a waffle iron it is fine, I mean it will be a pancake but the flavor is just as delicious.😁
- Using a small bowl whisk the egg, add the mozzarella and stir to combine.
- Spray the waffle iron with non-stick spray.
- Pour the egg mixture into the heated waffle iron and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove waffle carefully.
- Better when served warm right away!
Remember 👩🍳 Do Not Overbake Protein Powder!
- add a splash of vanilla and dash of cinnamon
- top with sugar-free caramel syrup and almonds
- top with SINISTER LABS ANGRY MILLS SPREADS & POWDERS
- add some pumpkin and pumpkin spice
- add mini chocolate chips
- top with your favorite fruit and nuts
- add some oatmeal and raisins
- top with your favorite protein ice cream
- add garlic salt for cheesy garlic bread chaffles
- use them to replace your carby hamburger bun, hot dog bun, and sandwich bread
- add some pepperoni and make pizza chaffles
- make your “chicken ‘n waffles” way healthier
Use pretty much any flavor protein powder for whatever chaffle flavor you are craving!
We would love to hear about your favorite chaffle creations!! Leave your favorites in the comments below! Better yet, send us a photo and you may just see it on our site! We would love to publish it!
I reached 200 pounds after having my children and several things have led me down my path of wanting to be healthier and better for myself and for my family; countless fitness DVDs, a gym membership, leading a weight management class at my church and a personal trainer telling me I had good symmetry.
My husband and I have competed in several competitions from 2012 from 2015. Every competition brought more information on how to be better and stronger both mentally and physically.
I have learned many things on my fitness journey, but the one thing that I hear over and over no matter what size they are is the self-talk that many women tell themselves regarding the way they see themselves. I am incredibly grateful for the opportunity to have the tools and wisdom of the people around me to help women of all shapes and dynamics to help them on their journey.
Check out my other articles and recipes on HerSUPPZ here!
Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Instagram
More articles you may enjoy
Products picked just for you
We would love to hear from you! Leave your love in the comment section below or email us at [email protected]!!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, and Instagram!
Don’t forget to sign up for our Newsletter!
To view comments below on a dark background double click on the comment