For my cardio. To clear my mind. For my social hour. To get outside. To sweat. So I can eat pizza. To be a role model. Why do you run?
In honor of National Running Day, here are 10 things I learned to love about running that I never thought I would…
- It makes me more confident. When you can do something you never thought you could, you become more confident in your own skin.
- It is not impossible. Even long distances. I no longer watch my friends run & think I couldn’t go that far…I join them.
- It increases my endurance. It keeps my endurance up so I am ready to race even when I am not training for a run. It helps power me through lifting weights too.
- Runs my day. I actually plan my day around my run and feel better when it’s done.
- It makes my mind strong. It gives me time to think and release stress. It’s my me-time.
- Goal setting. Running makes me set goals and work towards them. For most of my runs, I set a goal of mileage and sometimes pace. I also set life goals while I run.
- I am like a superhero to my kids. Because in my kids’ minds, you are pretty awesome if you can run far. It’s like a super power…and I have it when I do long races.
- It slows me down. I live a crazy life and running forces me to slow down and enjoy my surroundings.
- Events & Races. I love looking forward to going somewhere and trying a new race. I get to hang out with other runners and get called a runner. Even though I don’t run fast, I am still a “runner” : )
- I feel prettiest with my running shoes on. I love the feeling of finishing a workout or a run. The sweat, the endorphins, the accomplishment. It’s the best feeling.
Running is one of the easiest activities to start because all you need is some good running shoes. You can run wherever you are and whenever you wish and you can set your own pace! Running is a great workout. It gets your heart rate up, releases endorphins, burns calories and builds muscle. There are so many reasons to run.
I RUN because I am able. My body is a powerful gift and I am not going to waste it! Why do you RUN?
#findyourstrength #NationalRunningDay #IRUN
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
I write blogs about my accomplishments, my failures, my doubts, my goals, and my inspiration. But, it’s really not about me. It’s about real life and the challenges we each face and continuing to find your strength along the way. I want to inspire people, but I also want them to see the real me. I am just a normal person trying to do the best I can with what I was given. This is my journey and you have yours. Nobody is perfect…all the time. We all suck at things. -Mary Sheckler
We would love to know what you think! Leave your love in the comment section below or email us at [email protected]!!