EASY EFFECTIVE GLUTES
By Jessica Allion
Grab your nearest barbell and get to work on those glutes.
These glute exercises are going to take you back to the basics. Quick & easy when you just want it…quick and easy.
BARBELL HIP THRUSTS
You have seen hip thrusts on stability balls, on various machines, etc. We’re going to take you ol’ school cuz sometimes …olds cool.
- hold the contraction for 2-3 seconds before lowering the weight
- make sure to extend the hips through and push up as hard as possible
- do 3 sets of 12 or as many as you can do per set
- use a 3 count decent in total control to 90 degrees then fire up hard to ¾ of the way
- go right into your next rep. 3 sets of 8
BULGARIAN SPLIT SQUAT
Find something to rest the top of your opposite foot on. If you don’t have anything available you can simple lift your foot to your toes. Focus on using your glutes not your quads to perform the movement.
- drive through with your heel
- do 2 sets of 20 (10 each leg/each set)
- on your last rep do a 15 second hold at the mid point
I’ll be honest, there are probably better ways to work your glutes but when you use this machine with the counts below you really can feel it in all the right places.
- with each rep hold the contraction for 2 seconds
- drive your hips open as far as possible
- after your 10th rep on every set perform 10 more short partial movements
- 3 sets of 10
There is nothing wrong with going back to the basics sometimes. They are all great and are still being done today for a reason. Just like a great hairstyle, exercises start with a classic move and have gotten modified through the years. Mix it up and let me know if you add them into your workout once in awhile!
I reached 200 pounds after having my children and several things have led me down my path of wanting to be healthier and better for myself and for my family; countless fitness dvds, a gym membership, leading a weight management class at my church and a personal trainer telling me I had good symmetry.
My husband and I have competed in several competitions from 2012 from 2015. Every competition brought more information on how to be better and stronger both mentally and physically.
I have learned many things on my fitness journey, but the one thing that I hear over and over no matter what size they are, is the self-talk that many women tell themselves regarding the way they see themselves. I am incredibly grateful for the opportunity to have the tools and wisdom of the people around me to help women of all shapes and dynamics to help them on their journey.
Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Instagram
Check out my other articles and recipes on HerSUPPZ here!
More articles you may enjoy…
Products picked just for you…
We would love to hear from you! Leave your love in the comment section below or email us at [email protected]!!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, and Instagram!
Don’t forget to sign up for our Newsletter!