ESSENTIAL OILS AND WEIGHT LOSS
Essential oils are natural oils typically obtained by distillation and having the characteristic fragrance of the plant or other source from which it is extracted. They have been known to reduce swelling, restore energy, and clear the sinuses, but have you ever considered the benefits essential oils can play in your weight loss journey?
Essential oils are all the craze right now, and what’s not to love. It is truly amazing what oils prove to do for the human mind, spirit, and body.
We often look to the hottest craze and see how we can implement it into our own lives. When it comes to your weight loss goals don’t push essential oils to the side. In fact they might just be the “ticket”.
Essential oils have proven to aid in curbing appetites, aiding in digestion, boosting metabolism, increasing energy, and enhancing your overall mood.
For over 5,000 years oils have been used to for many healing practices and have been held in a high standard among many cultures. The Roman, Egyptian, Chinese, Greek, and Indian cultures used high potency oils medicinally, cosmetically, and spiritually for thousands of years.
The use of oils have yielded significant results over the millennia, but are quite often viewed by many as having unrealistic promises.
Aromatherapy is becoming much more widespread that it has been in the past. The human nose can detect one trillion different odors which directly correlate to the human emotion and memory. Inhaling molecules through the nose also communicates with brain receptors that control blood pressure, heart rate, stress levels, attention span, learning, pleasure, and motivation.
You may already know of some conditions that essential oil aromatherapy can be an effective treatment for. While there’s no substitute for diet and exercise, many of the hurdles to losing weight (and keeping it off) have a psychological base. Whether you struggle with emotional eating, dieting, lack of consistent motivation, slow metabolism, sweet cravings, low energy, or depressed moods, using essential oils could be the missing piece in your weight loss and fitness journey and just might be the “ticket” to reach those goals.
These are the best oils to aid in your weight loss…
- Suppress weight gain
- Increase energy
- Enhance mood
- Relieve pain
- Increase energy and mental alertness
- Elevates mood
- Aids digestion
- Reduces appetite
HOW SHOULD YOU USE OILS?
- One of the easiest ways is to simply diffuse it, such as on your desk at the office or around your home. Doing so before meals will help alleviate your hunger and aid in your nutritional goals.
- Add drops to a cloth and inhale the vapors when you are tempted to eat or fighting a sugar craving.
- You can also make a lotion or oil rub using a carrier oil such as Coconut Oil or Jojoba Oil and massage into areas that fat tends to be an issue for you. Also consider rubbing into your neck and or bottom of your feet before bedtime.
- Essential oils can have a huge impact on your weight loss journey. Essential oils, along with exercise and an overall wellness and nutrition program, can aid in weight management and reach your overall health and fitness goals. Find Your Strength today with essential oils.
More articles you may enjoy…
Products picked just for you…
We would love to hear from you! Leave your love in the comment section below or email us at [email protected].
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, and Instagram!
Don’t forget to sign up for our Newsletter!