The fact is, it’s still summer and I am still enjoying ice cream. To be honest, I enjoy ice cream year-round but I am trying to eat cleaner. This clean eating chunky monkey ice cream checks all of the boxes by using whole ingredients and satisfying my sweet tooth. It’s rich too so you won’t eat much.
The base for this ice cream are frozen bananas. Now mine weren’ very ripe but I do recommend you use ripe bananas because they will blend easier, creamier, and give it a richer flavor.
The next main ingredient are cashews. Yummy! My boyfriend loves these so I had to pick up more to ensure I still had some on hand for him to munch on! We will use these to make a cashew cream the gets added to the bananas.
Of course you can’t forget the chocolate! Are cacao nibs clean, though? They are! In their natural form, when they do not undergo the process of being turned into that silky milk chocolate most of us are accustomed to, yes cacao nibs do fall under the clean eating meal plan. So we get to throw them into this recipe.
INGREDIENTS for Clean Eating Chunky Monkey Ice Cream
- 2 cups cashews
- 4 very ripe bananas
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped raw walnuts
- one half cup cacao nibs
- 1/2 cup chocolate almond milk
- Optional: 2 tbsp nut butter
DIRECTIONS for Clean Eating Chunky Monkey Ice Cream
- Peel the bananas and break them into chunks. Place the banana chunks into a sealable plastic bag and freeze completely until you’re ready to use. Remove frozen banana chunks from the freezer 10 minutes before you’re ready to make the ice cream.
- Combine the cashews and 1/2 cup chocolate almond milk in a blender and blend on high speed until you have a completely smooth cream. Scoop out and set aside.
- Add vanilla extract to the blender along with the frozen banana chunks, cashew cream, sea salt, maple syrup, coconut oil, and lemon juice (optional nut butter if using). Flip your blender to the highest setting and blend the mixture until smooth. Taste the mixture for sweetness and add more maple syrup if desired. Fold in the chopped walnuts and cacao nibs. Scrape the ice cream out into a glass or metal container and freeze for at least 4 hours.
- To serve, remove the ice cream 5 to 10 minutes before you plan to enjoy so that it’s soft enough to scoop.
More articles you may enjoy…
We would love to hear from you! Leave your love in the comment section below or email us at [email protected]
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, and Instagram!
Don’t forget to sign up for our Newsletter!
DO YOU HAVE A WEIGHT LOSS STORY YOU WOULD LIKE TO SHARE?
We would love to hear about it! Let us know in the comment section below or email us your personal story of how you overcame and Found Your Strength! Email us at [email protected]!
To view comments below on a dark background triple click on the comment