According to the Department of Justice,
“Sexual assault is any type of sexual contact or behavior that occurs without the explicit consent of the recipient. Falling under the definition of sexual assault are sexual activities as forced sexual intercourse, forcible sodomy, child molestation, incest, fondling, and attempted rape.” (https://www.justice.gov/ovw/sexual-assault)
- is any intentional, unwanted sexual contact
- a violent crime
- an aggressive act
- a violation of trust and safety
- 1st Degree – intercourse/contact without consent which causes great bodily harm
- 2nd Degree – intercourse/contact without consent which causes injury or illness
- 3rd Degree – intercourse without consent
- 4th Degree – sexual contact without consent
Do not bathe, douche or change clothes
Do get immediate medical attention
Do report assault to the police
Do contact a supportive person
Remember it is not the survivor’s fault.
1 out of 3 women will be raped in her lifetime.
60%-80% of sexual assaults are committed by someone known to the survivor.
Sexual assault is the most underreported crime.
Pat Huffman is an accomplished and recognized hero. She has raised thousands of dollars for a variety of organizations and has received many awards for her hard work in helping others.
She has agreed to courageously share her inspirational story about being brutally raped hoping to give Strength to someone else.
24-Hour Crisis Line 1-800-236-HEAL(4325)