Nicole Wilkins knows how to stay on track and wants to share with you her tips and strategies to Get Back on Track!
Did you overdo it a bit too much over the holidays or at a party last night?
Worrying about it won’t help.
No one is perfect.
Beating yourself up is a complete waste of time. You can’t change the past. The only thing you can do is move forward with a game plan and make better choices moving forward, starting TO-DAY.
You always have choices
Every time you misstep on your fitness journey, you have two choices. You can chose to continue falling backwards, which will continue to take you even further away from your goals. Or you can accept your lack of perfection as normal and forgivable, and take positive steps down the path that brings you closer to the future you want.
Start changing your habits now, but start small. You can’t go from the couch to a marathon, or from burgers to broccoli in one day. But you can do one, two, or even a handful of small things that will help you regain your momentum and boost your motivation.
Get Back on Track Now!
- Try a new workout! Join a spin class, yoga lesson, or even try Crossfit for an exciting change of pace.
- Try a new healthy recipe. I like to eat protein pancakes in the morning: 1/2c oatmeal, 4 egg whites, cinnamon and stevia mixed together and cooked like a pancake. Viola!
- Don’t skip breakfast. Your morning meal sets the stage for the rest of your day, so start if off right with a source of protein and a complex carbohydrate.
- Drink your water. Try to aim for 8 cups each day and you’ll feel so much more energized! I promise!
- Track your food with a nutrition & fitness app. These apps are great tools to help you stay focused. You will not only learn from them but it can hold you more accountable.
- Call a friend for support, whether you need someone to listen or a mentor to give you ideas and encouragement.
- Buy a new pair of running shoes! There is always a reason to buy a new pair of shoes. Even new socks can make a workout better!
- Create a motivational collage. Include pictures of your goal, favorite quotes, and reasons why you want to reach your goal.
- Before going out to eat, check the nutrition facts and menu online. That way you are prepared to make a good choice.
- Take the stairs. Even if this is the only thing you do all day, you’ll feel stronger for it. Every little bit counts!
- Make a new playlist of your favorite songs so you can turn to it whenever you need a boost.
- Measure your meal portions with a food scale. It’s a simple way to learn how much you’re eating and get a reality check.
- Always have cut up fruits and veggies in the fridge for quick snacks if you have the munchies. I always have things like cucumbers, carrots, and strawberries ready to go.
- Slow down during meals. You’ll be less likely to overeat and more likely to enjoy your food.
- Learn something new. Sometimes simply taking a quiz or reading an article about nutrition, fitness, or health can change your mindset and get you back on track.
The bottom line is, as long as you’re consistent and doing your best, you are moving in the right direction. If you expect perfection (and many of us do), you’re setting yourself up for disappointment and guilt. We all slip up, just don’t let your slip-up last longer than a day. Get back on track right away!
You CAN do it. It isn’t too late. Even if you’re moving slowly, you’ll be moving faster than everyone who is still sitting on the couch!
Nicole Wilkins is a four-time IFBB Figure Olympia Champion, the first to win five Pro Figure contests in one season, a three-time Figure International Champion and first to win two Overall titles in different divisions at a pro-qualifying event.
We would love to know what you think! Leave your love in the comment section below or email us at [email protected]!!